PURPOSE/SUMMARY (Brief overview of why job exists, general purpose for position)
This position has responsibility to provide results driven leadership to the purchasing, planning, shipping/ receiving and inventory departments
at the site in order to ensure customer orders are met in a timely and cost efficient manner. Key areas of accountability include hands-on
participation in department activities, planning, budgeting, purchasing, resource management, scheduling, training, supplier network, best
practices, quality, and continuous improvement of all supply chain systems and processes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List of 8 # 10 key tasks required of the job which are essential to the performance of this job)
a. Provide input and data to support business's ongoing budgeting and strategic planning process.
b. Help to identify and develop strategic suppliers/ partnerships to support business goals.
c. Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross functional operational decisions and improvements.
d. Owner of Supply systems and processes.
a. Establish departmental goals and objectives that provide world class materials performance to the organization.
b. Establish and track meaningful departmental reports/measurements.
c. Analyze reports, measurements and external benchmarks to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
d. Proactively lead the materials team to continuously improve processes and procedures.
e. Manage all departmental functions such that goals and objectives are consistently achieved.
f. Adhere to company policies, procedures, and ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the department.
a. Deliver continuous improvement in supplier delivery, quality and cost.
b. Ensure timely receipt of materials to support the production schedule.
c. Manage purchase contracts to protect business interests.
d. Develop and manage effective relationships with existing suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
e. Work with strategic purchasing and supplier quality teams to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance.
f. Responsible for negotiating site capital equipment purchases.
4. Scheduling/ planning
a. Schedule materials demands and work order completion dates in the system to support production schedule.
b. Proactively manage material and work order exceptions and provide feedback to Manufacturing on critical information.
c. Responsible for accuracy of ERP system data in relation to planning and material call-off parameters.
d. Prepares customer delivery reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends and uses information to proactively communicate potential late deliveries.
e. Coordinate and work with quality, engineering and manufacturing to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
5. Inventory/Warehouse Management
a. Minimize overall inventory value.
b. Ensure accuracy in system including location, quantity on hand, value, etc.
c. Implement and manage an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
d. Create procedures and reporting for effective management of inventory.
e. Supervise and direct Warehouse personnel.
6.Shipping and Receiving
a. Ensure all customer orders are appropriately packaged and shipped promptly, accurately and with all necessary documentation.
b. Ensure all materials are received promptly and accurately.
c. Applies Lean principles and practices to reduce cycle time for materials movement.
a. Fully embrace business quality system to identify opportunities and drive continuous improvement.
b. Participates in MRB and CAPA meetings to resolve quality issues.
c. Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
d. Perform other duties as assigned to insure the efficiency of the company.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES (If the position has responsibility for the direct hire, discipline, and budget of subordinate jobs, list subordinate job positions and number of employees in each
Warehouse personnel, Purchasing personnel
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
education, experience, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
1. BS/BA Degree (Operations or Materials Management preferred) and 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment OR the equivalent in years of related experience.
2. 5+ years of supervisory experience
3. APICS CPIM, certification a plus.
4. Forecasting, Inventory, Production Shop Floor, and Capacity Planning is required
5. Advanced experience and knowledge of ERP systems (preferable Oracle) and fundamentals of MRP, Strong computer skills utilizing all MS Office products
6. Leads by example and motivates people so as to create a challenging, empowering, and collaborative working environment.
7. Ability to contribute in a cross functional collaborative environment.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from direct labor employees on the production floor to senior management.
9. Experience in medical device industry preferred.
10. Experience with GMP a plus.
11. Experience with lot and serial control traceability a plus.
12. Advanced proficiency of Oracle system preferred.
13. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
14. Strong project management administrative and implementation skills.
15. Ability to work within a matrix organization.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (e.g., expectations of such items as weight needed to move or lift)
Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hrs a day