Planner / Buyer
|Title:||Planner / Buyer|
- Procurement and scheduling of materials for production in accordance with customer and MRP requirements. Manage and maintain system attributes to drive efficient flow of product.
- Directly responsible for procuring raw materials to support manufacturing operations in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining purchase orders and ensuring purchase price compliance, i.e. confirming purchase order prices always match supplier quotes.
- Ownership of maintaining an accurate order book in line with suppliers open orders and rescheduling (expediting or delaying) open Purchase Orders when necessary to support ERP and changing customer demands.
- Directly responsible for tracking open purchase orders and notifying appropriate production contacts with material issues or delay in shipments.
- Directly responsible for proactively communicating the ERP forecast as well as drawing changes (CO) to suppliers.
- Supports the resolution of receiving issues including necessary paperwork.
- Prepare production schedule for manufacturing stylizing system scheduling tools and in consideration of capacity constraints.
- Maintain past due work orders and communicate scheduling constraints.
- Provide support to manufacturing personnel for material and build inquiries or issues.
- Responsibilities include maintaining KPI performance against established goals.
- Perform other related task/duties as directed.
- A minimum of 5 years of related hands-on purchasing and planning experience, preferably in a regulated environment.
- Detail oriented with strong computer skills that include ERP systems, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Oracle background is desired.
- Language Skills
- Good Business communication, written and verbal
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense. Understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hrs a day