|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Nissha Medical technologies is looking for a Quality Intern to work alongside the 2nd Shift Quality Technician to test and inspect products in various stages of the validation and production process. The successful candidate will help verify raw materials and in-process product that do not conform to specification are prevented from being used or delivered. He or she will maintain appropriate records to complete the evidence of conformance by performing the following essential functions and basic duties listed. This is a temporary part-time position working less than 30 hours per week and lasting no longer than 6 months. This position is typically suited for students enrolled in a University Engineering Program or pursuing a career in Quality Assurance/Quality Control or Quality Engineering.
The Quality Intern will assist the on-site 2nd Shift Quality Technician to accomplish the following:
- Follow Employee guidelines and Quality System Regulations as defined by Nissha Medical Technologies practices, policies and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure that customer requirements and industry standards and or regulations are met.
- Demonstrates knowledge and acts in accordance with NMT’s Employee Guidelines and applicable quality standards as outlined in NMT’s Quality Manual.
- Utilize procedures for correcting and/or disposing of non-conforming products.
- Maintain a record keeping system to document the inspection and test process.
- Verify materials, parts and assemblies that are procured from outside the company for inclusion in the finished product meet required dimensional and visual characteristics.
- Perform open plate inspections using appropriate tools and gauging.
- Analyze measurement problems by comparing with blueprints to improve methodology.
- Communicate with Quality Inspectors, Quality Technicians, Engineers and all stakeholders for correcting and/or dispositioning of nonconforming products.
- Communicate with Quality team members and management to prioritize and coordinate inspection activities.
- Collect, sort, summarize, file and maintain inspection and test data on materials, processes, parts, assemblies and finished products.
- Take on the secondary responsibility for various functions and tasks within the Quality Department.
- Abides by all safety and security rules set forth by the company and regulatory agencies
- Regular attendance is required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED)
- Current enrollment in a University Engineering Program or pursuing a career in Quality Assurance/Quality Control or Quality Engineering.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- 1-2 years of related experience, including relevant coursework is required.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and works effectively as both a team member and independent contributor.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Suite, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Acts with sound and proactive judgement, seeking clarification as appropriate to minimize/eliminate delays.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of metrology and measuring tools and equipment experience is preferred.
This is a TEMPORARY Part-time position working less than 30 hours per week depending on School Schedule and availability. Paid Sick Leave is available.
Nissha Medical Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. In addition, NMT will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you need assistance with completing the online application process, please call (719) 426-9074.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: