|Title:||Supply Chain & Logistics Manager|
About the Job
Nissha Medical Technologies is looking for a Logistics Manager – England based in our new state-of-the-art Torbay, England facility in the beautiful Southwest. In this role you will develop, administer, monitor, and control all functions relative to the logistics operations in England. This will cover all activity related to the warehousing operation and its ancillary activities with all functional departments of the organization, including international customs compliance and shipping. It also will include liaison activities with any and all associated facilities of Nissha Medical Technologies, domestic and foreign. Including the following essential job functions;
- Nissha Medical Technologies (NMT) - England operations seeks an experienced and high-powered Project Manager with Project Management Professional skills to drive internal and external projects to success by:
- Responsible to organize distribution, receiving and raw materials operations to provide required service levels & maximum productivity for all activities.
- Responsible for all warehousing storage layouts to ensure maximum space utilization
- Any related local storage needs as well. Material Handling equipment requirements and care, working closely with the maintenance manager
- Responsible for transaction integrity in the system for both finished goods & raw materials, along with the necessary shipping system requirements.
- Working with accounting to remedy any and all issues that are identified
- An excellent working knowledge and critical thinking of the inner workings of all system applications for enhancement and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for securing and maintaining all 3PL locations in the Nissha network in the US and Canada.
- Ensure that all personnel are properly trained and monitored in running our operating system at certain 3PL locations that have it operational.
- Perform monthly inventory reconciliation per 3PL
- Monitor 3PL performance as well
- Responsible for all outbound shipments meeting daily objectives, for not only Buffalo, but all 3PL operations in the US and Canada, and smooth, timely flow of all replenishment transfer shipments to 3PL’s.
- Cross Border activity
- International shipping, freight forwarding, and brokerage documentation. Customs compliance a MUST.
- Responsible for all carrier contract negotiation, monitoring, and agreements on an annual basis, tying in all affiliated Nissha companies to these as well, where appropriate, both domestic and international.
- Responsible for all material flow of finished product and raw materials to and from warehouse and manufacturing, servicing all of manufacturing on a 24/7 basis.
- Direct all cycle count activity, recording results, working with the Nissha auditing firms on periodic test counts and year end close activities relative to inventory accuracy.
- Manage & maintain all Logistics related ISO procedures and training records
- Manage performance and monthly metric reporting for Buffalo operations and all third-party operations as well.
- RGA, Quarantine and Expiration date control and monitoring on a monthly basis, working closely with the accounting and QA groups to ensure timely disposition of all impacted items.
- Manage, monitor all freight billing activities performed internally and by our traffic service.
- Recommend budgets, evaluate capabilities and opportunities, plan and schedule programs and projects, cost controls.
- Monitor & perform training of personnel in all processes & procedures throughout the Logistics area, making sure all training is documented per ISO protocol.
- Establish & manage performance measurements for all warehouse personnel, where appropriate, to meet productivity needs and aid in the effectiveness of the annual performance appraisal.
- Delegate and clarify responsibilities; formulate objectives; maintain morale; select replacements.
- Four-year college degree in Business, Management, or Distribution/Logistics
- Five years at department management level; Seven years prior supervisory/management experience
- Minimum of seven to ten years’ experience in Warehousing, Traffic/Distribution and Inventory Management.
- International shipping and customs compliance experience
- Experience using database management systems, Oracle preferred and highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal communication skills, one-on-one and in a group setting. Excellent written communication skills, and above average analytical reasoning skills
- Management style oriented towards participative management
- Excellent listening skills and ability to function as a strong team player
- High results orientation
- Moderate - high risk orientation in management
- Strong leadership skills:
- Coaching/counseling, direction/goal setting to help establish a results-oriented work environment
- High energy level/enthusiasm, Emotionally stable, flexible, adaptable, innovative
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Confront difficult issues with positive attitude and results
- Seek, receive and effectively manage personal feedback in order to continue to grow personally and professionally