|Title:||Desktop Support Specialist|
The IT Help Desk Analyst is responsible for retrieving calls and instant messages from end users around the globe and entering the information into our helpdesk software. The IT Help Desk Analyst must be able to do an initial assessment of the request to see if it can be handled upon the initial call and if not promote it to the que for later processing. The incumbent must be able to denote critical issues from calls and escalate it to the manager and supervisor if required. The analyst will need to leverage the knowledge base (KB) that has been developed from historical resolutions in an attempt to resolve issues upon the initial call. A function of the position also includes researching existing tickets and the status on those tickets, commenting as needed and escalating to the correct personnel. When voicemail is left during off hours, the Analyst will create incidents and delete the message as necessary. The successful candidate will be part of a Global Helpdesk for all of Nissha Medical Technologies and its entities. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who enjoys helping others in the field of IT and using the very latest technologies.
Essential Job Functions
1. Process and respond to incoming calls and text messages for IT support
2. Monitor incidents in the que and ensure that they are being actioned and adhering to our Service Level Agreements
3. Analyze incidents to look for trends or common elements which may indicate similar root causes. Create problem tickets when these commonalities are found to group the incidents together in a logical manner.
4. Contribute to the IT Helpdesk Knowledgebase by creating and publishing content that will assist end users and IT personal in addressing incidents in the most efficient way possible.
5. Follow up on completed incidents to ensure that the problem has been fully resolved and the end user is satisfied.
6. Generate and communicate reports to management with regard to helpdesk metrics such as trends (increasing/decreasing ticket count), first touch resolution, survey results, etc.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- 1 year in a customer service related field
- Prior IT helpdesk experience
- Strong computer skills/Microsoft platforms
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure
- Provide support on company email system, web/audio conferencing service and phone system
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work on multiple projects and issues
- Ability to write training and instruction manuals and to document internal procedures.
- Microsoft Windows OS
- VPN/CATO Networking
- PC Hardware Support
- Microsoft Office
- Office Printers / Production / Label Printers
- IP/Soft Phones
- Helpdesk Systems
- Active Directory
Nissha Medical Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression,national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. In addition, NMT will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you need assistance with completing the online application process, please call 716-849-6360.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: