PURPOSE/SUMMARY (Brief overview of why position exists, general purpose for position)
- Coordinates the procurement of goods and services for the organization by performing the following duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List of 8 – 10 key tasks required of the position which are essential to the performance of this position)
- Assist Manager in various activities relating to the provision of goods and services at site level.
- Requests competitive supplier quotations for all goods and services as defined within the Quality Management System.
- Ensure the timely availability of goods and services to support internal customer requirements.
- Serve as a primary focal point and liaison between internal customers and suppliers.
- Supplier selection of new suppliers where need identified by internal customers.
- New vendor / supplier set up in systems.
- Meet with and regularly communicate with suppliers as needed to ensure proper maintenance and provisions of goods and services.
- Maintain proper documentation with regards to purchase requisitions, supplier quotes, purchase orders and highlight any issues or concerns to Materials Manager.
- Directly responsible for the procurement of goods and services to support business operations in an efficient manner, while ensuring appropriate controls.
- Ensures supplier's acknowledgement of purchase orders are consistent with required dates and maintains the business system on a timely basis.
- Tracks past due purchase orders and takes appropriate action.
- Supports the resolution of booking in queries, price variances, AP discrepancies, and related activities;
- Ensures that proper financial authorization has been obtained before placing purchase orders with designated suppliers.
- Produce monthly reports as assigned by Materials Manager
- All other essential related duties as required
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES (IF ANY)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the, education, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree with 2 years of related experience.
- Detailed oriented with strong computer skills that includes ERP systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to negotiate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (e.g., expectations of such items as weight needed to move or lift)
- Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hrs a day
WORK ENVIRONMENT (e.g., excessive or non-standard expectations/potential exposure related to such things as heat, cold, noise or travel)
- Climate Controlled
- Eye Protection
- Safety Shoes
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: