Nissha Medical Technologies is looking for a skilled and reliable Machinist to join our Automation Engineering team in Sandpoint, Idaho. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating all machine shop equipment for producing parts for new and existing machines, assembly jigs, and other needed parts. Requires the ability to sharpen dies and modify existing tooling and parts. Responsible for maintaining the machine shop, tools, and stocked materials.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Program and operate the CNC, manual mill and lathe in the Machine Shop.
- Assist in designing tooling and dies; review drawings, inspect new and sharpened dies.
- Read detailed engineering drawings and follow GD&T.
- Track and Reorder stock material as needed.
- Train and mentor new employees on equipment.
- Fabricate and/or order new parts.
- Assist in designing tools and fixtures needed for production and preproduction.
- Service and maintain all machine shop equipment (routine maintenance).
- Work with Development, Manufacturing, and Automation engineers on projects.
- Assist with designing or modifying equipment.
- Write Machine Shop Procedures. Maintain maintenance program. Write procedures and add any new procedures into the system, review and notify production when maintenance is due on any machine.
- Regular attendance.
- Abide by all safety and security rules set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Technical degree or certification in Machine Operation strongly preferred.
- Minimum three years of machine shop experience required. Five to seven years preferred.
- Three years' experience operating production machines in the medical device industry is preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required.
- Ability to read blueprints, engineering drawings and schematics.
- Strong mathematical skills and proficient work ability with standard and metric units.
- Strong safety-focus and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills are a must.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines and changing needs.
- The right individual will be reliable, self-directed, and demonstrate strong initiative, accountability, and dependability.
Great benefits offered including medical, dental, 401K, education assistance, and more!
Nissha Medical Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status. In addition, Nissha Medical Technologies will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
If you require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at (208) 263-5071.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: