|Title:||Manufacturing Associate 1st Shift (7:30A-3:30P)|
Nissha is seeking a Full-Time Manufacturing Associate for 1st shift (7:30AM-3:30PM) Monday - Friday.
Nissha Medical Technologies (previously Graphic Controls) is a growing Buffalo based Company specializing in printed products for the gaming, medical, and recording supply markets. A global leader in these areas, Nissha is expanding into new markets and is looking for qualified candidates to grow with our Company.
An entry level position allows you start with a Company with many growth and promotion opportunities, while providing job stability with an average length of service of over 15 years.
Manufacture and prepare products for shipment across various product areas.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Perform packaging tasks for in-line packaging operations/needs (catching, etc.)
2. Perform packaging tasks for off-line packaging operations/needs.
3. Set up and operate finishing equipment across all product areas (shrink wrap, label printer, drill, ink jet, pounder, stapler, carton sealer, bander/strapper, fixtures, ink pumps, ultra-sonic sealing, etc.)
4. Assist in continuous run operations of equipment within the assigned product area, keeping equipment running and maintaining quality and productivity for operators when needed.
5. Assist with finished material (cutting raw materials, or final material trim post-press procedures).
6. Perform material and machine changeovers as needed.
7. Use various measuring devices including digital calipers, precision scales, micrometers, etc., making accurate readings in line with production specifications.
8. Assist in the location and retrieval of press/rewind tooling and supplies needed for job completion as well as returning these items upon completion of the job.
9. Perform minor troubleshooting and maintenance on packaging equipment/lines contacting maintenance when needed.
10. Perform general facility, equipment, and area specific cleaning and housekeeping duties.
11. Interpret production paperwork for accurate product production and shipment and prepare finished product for shipment.
12. Perform inventory checks of materials for the specific product area working in, and order/receive materials, making sure to follow specific procedures set for each area.
13. Perform quality checks throughout all production stages and processes.
14. Communicate with Machine Operators, Press Operators, Team Leads, and Supervisors on production issues, needs, and recommendations to improve production effectiveness and efficiency, including safety recommendations.
15. May require rotating between various product areas and tasks.
16. Assist in material and finished product movement (hand / fork truck operation, etc).
17. Ensure compliance with company safety rules and policies including OSHA and ISO requirements.
18. Other duties as assigned.
- GED or High School diploma.
- Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a constructive, positive manner with others in a team environment.
- Basic reading, math, and direction following skills.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and execute production orders and operating procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and Management.
- Ability to operate all required production equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to assemble and work with small parts.
- Strong ability and aptitude to learn.
- Ability to troubleshoot and react quickly to operating issues.
Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time. 75-100%
Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands. Also includes finger dexterity. 75-100%
Bending: Stooping, crouching, full back and leg flexibility. 50-75%
Kneeling: Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees. 0-25%
Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. 75-100%
Lifting: Picking up and movement of objects. May involve carrying as well. 50-75%
Climbing: Ascending or descending using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. 0-25%
Vision: Ability to see and recognize detail. (Corrected or uncorrected.) 75-100%
Repetitive Motion: Recurring movement of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. 75-100%
Pushing/Pulling: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force to provoke movement, or to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion. 50-75%
Twisting: Moving in a contorted motion, usually involving the back, and usually repeatedly. 75-100%
Sitting: Remaining seated for a period of time, in one position. 0-25%
Nissha is an Equal Opportunity Employer; and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. In addition, Nissha will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you need assistance with completing the online application process, Please call at (716) 847-7592.