|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Nissha Medical Technologies Design and Manufacturing is looking for an Engineering Intern to provide technical support for Engineers in manufacturing development and transfer of products to Production. Duties include creating component, product and process documentation, performing prototype builds, performing testing and participating in process qualification activities. This is a TEMPORARY position that will work under general supervision of an Engineering Team Lead or Senior Engineer on multiple assignments of small scope and complexity. This is a part-time position working less than 30 hours per week and is suited for students enrolled in a University Engineering Program.
- Follow Employee guidelines and Quality System Regulations as defined by Biomedical Innovations practices, policies and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure that customer requirements and industry standards and or regulations are met.
- Assists in development of assembly processes and procedures including initial Manufacturing Assembly Instructions, Routers, Process Maps and BOMs.
- Performs prototype builds to investigate feasibility of established or alternate processes and procedures.
- Performs product and component testing and generates reports.
- Assists in coordination, evaluation and execution of project engineering activities.
- Creates and updates component, product and process documentation, including engineering change orders.
- Participates on various project teams and in team meetings as required.
- Abide by all safety and security rules set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University Engineering Program.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule.
- Follows directions while while displaying cooperative and positive behavior with co-workers.
- Basic understanding and ability to read prints and schematics.
- Technical writing skills.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills and efficient management of time and resources.
- Ability to use and understand general test equipment including volt meters, torque wrenches, force gages, etc.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Experience with common hand and shop tools.
This is a TEMPORARY Part-time position working less than 30 hours per week depending on School Schedule and availability. Paid Sick Leave is available.
Nissha Medical Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. In addition, NMT will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you need assistance with completing the online application process, please call (719) 426-9074.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: